ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC) in partnership with Virginia’s Regional Technology Councils and in collaboration with Virginia’s colleges and community colleges is offering the Commonwealth STEM Industry Internship Program (CSIIP). CSIIP is a new, free resource for finding paid summer internships. CSIIP provides an online system where undergraduate students majoring in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) disciplines at Virginia universities, colleges and community colleges complete a single application package that will be reviewed by companies throughout Virginia. There is no cost to students, universities, or companies to participate.
Students may apply statewide or by region and can also express interest in specific internships posted by companies. CSIIP will accept student online applications beginning November 1, 2012. Application deadline is January 31, 2013. The CSIIP database will be opened to companies offering internships on
February 11, 2013. All placements for this first year of the program will be for summer 2013. Internships will be for 20 – 40 hours per week, typically for a 10 – 12 week period, and at a minimum pay range of $10 - $15 per hour
- At least 18 years of age and attending an accredited Virginia college, community college, or university. Virginia residents attending an accredited out-of-state college may apply.
- A full-time undergraduate student, taking at least 12 credit hours per semester.
- Have completed at least 30 or more post-secondary education credits and are at least of rising sophomore status prior to the internship. Seniors graduating in spring 2013 are also eligible to participate.
- Majoring in a STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) field.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- A minimum GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
ABOUT VIRGINIA SPACE GRANT CONSORTIUM:
Virginia Space Grant Consortium is a coalition of Virginia universities, NASA Centers, state agencies and
other organizations with a strong interest in STEM education, workforce development and research. The
Consortium undertakes a wide range of STEM programming from precollege through higher education, including internship programs that have placed more than 4,000 students in paid industry and federal internship positions. Learn more about the Consortium at www.vsgc.odu.edu.
See www.csiip.spacegrant.org for additional program details and to complete your application package