Are you a junior, senior, or graduate student looking for a paid internship for the 2014-2015 school year?
Come work with Virginia Clean Cities!
The Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program (CCUWDP) is an initiative of Clean Cities, a government-industry partnership sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Vehicle Technologies Program. Since the creation of the CCUWDP in 2010, Clean Cities has hosted more than 150 interns in more than 70 Coalitions.
The Clean Cities internship will give students studying communications, public relations, business, marketing, engineering or environmental sciences the opportunity to grow public awareness and expand the markets of advanced vehicle technologies, alternative fuels, and practices that reduce the consumption of petroleum.
The 2014-2015 Virginia Clean Cities Intern will:
- Assist with event coordination and outreach by facilitating strategic communication with stakeholders via email, listing events on the website, social media outreach, partner outreach, and electronic calendar updating
- Create and distribute bi-monthly stakeholder newsletter and outreach emails to share important issues and relevant news with stakeholders
- Expand VCC's campaign with electric vehicle dealers to engage owners in electric vehicle related news and events
- Maintain and expand VCC's workplace charging efforts by improving the website, creating handouts, and seeking additional employers
- Maintain VCC's IdleBox Campaign for idle reduction in municipal and private fleets
- Develop and maintain a relationship with Virginia Tech's EcoCAR 3 team
- Conduct market research and data analysis in the local market
- Update alternative fuel vehicle, station, and production inventories
- Assist in writing Virginia Clean Cities' 2014 Annual Report
- Other duties as assigned by Argonne National Laboratory and Virginia Clean Cities
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit all application materials through JMU Joblink at https://joblink.jmu.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1405428548125
Emailed materials will not be reviewed. The final deadline for applications is Wednesday, August 13, 2014. Please contact Kaitlin Pomerleau at email@example.com with questions.