A summer at Noblis is a summer well spent. If you are a student who is looking for good pay, valuable real-world experience, and the ability to apply your coursework, Noblis is the place for you.
What It's Like
At Noblis, our interns spend their days collaborating with other interns and our full-time staff to create innovative, mission-focused solutions to many of our clients’ most pressing problems. When you intern for Noblis, you will be doing real, professional work--we know you want to to learn something and contribute. You want to see what it’s like to be a working professional in this field. And that’s exactly what you’ll do at Noblis. You will be an integral part of our team from day one.
There are also group collaboration activities that allow you to meet other interns and form new connections. You'll get to attend regular lunch-time presentations and development sessions. You'll always be learning.
And if you love it at Noblis, you may not have to leave us. A staggering 90% of eligible interns receive a job offer upon the completion of the program.
- The official program runs from early June to late July
- Most jobs are located at Noblis' headquarters in Falls Church, VA (close to Washington, DC) and in our nearby offices in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
- We also have a few openings in Danville, VA where we house our Cray XMT2 supercomputer and San Antonio, Texas
- You’ll get paid. We offer an attractive hourly wage for full-time work (Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week for 8 weeks)
- The work will be challenging and exciting. You’ll be guided by our expert staff, make new professional connections, and build your network. You’ll attend weekly seminars and networking events designed to prepare you for life after school
- You will contribute to the good of the nation by working in National Security and Intelligence, Enterprise Engineering, Environmental Sustainability, Transportation, Healthcare, corporate business operations, or on the Noblis Sponsored Research (NSR) program
- We accept applications from undergraduate, graduate, and PhD candidates
What We Need From You
- A GPA of 3.3 or higher in your undergraduate studies
- Demonstrated analytical skills, strong written and oral communication, and collaboration skills
- Interest and skill in any of the following:
- Modeling and simulation
- Systems engineering
- Computer science
- Biometric technologies
- Life and chemical/biological sciences
- Telecommunications (including wireless technologies)
- Data/knowledge management
- Corporate business operations, e.g., finance and accounting, human resources/organizational development, information technology, and event planning/coordination.
- Marketing and design
For more information, please visit: http://www.noblis.org/Careers/internship