Frostburg State University Seeks Tutor/Counselors For A Six Week Summer Program Designed To Encourage and Motivate Qualified High School Students To Pursue Post Secondary Education and To Develop Skills and Attitudes Essential For Success Beyond High School.
These are residential positions and Tutor Counselors (TCs) are responsible for supervising program participants (high school students) in the residence halls and during all RMSC sponsored activities. Tutor Counselors are also an integral part of the student’s academic experience as TCs attend academic classes with the students and assist them as they complete their scientific investigations. TCs also chaperone field trips; plan & lead recreational activities; and create, maintain & enforce a safe, positive & productive residential hall living environment. 5-week and 6-week positions available. Both include one week of staff training prior to the program.
TENTATIVE DATES: June 8- July 17, 2015 (5-week positions) and June 8 - July 24, 2015 (6-week positions)
SALARY: $2,600 (5-week positions) and $3,000 (6-week positions). Both positions include room & board and all field trip expenses are paid by the RMSC.
- One Year Undergraduate Experience
- Comfortable Working Out Of Doors (most of our science projects include field work)
- Excellent Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Ability To Relate To Diverse University Population
- Evidence Of Success In Course Work In Science, Math or Writing
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Experience Supervising Students In Residential Setting
- Tutoring Or Teaching In Math, Science Or Writing
- Experience As Camp Counselor
- Valid Driver's License
- Experience With Disadvantaged Youth
- Participated In TRIO Or Similar Program.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: www.frostburg.edu/clife/mscenter or 1-800-646-6004
For additional positions (including science teacher positions), please visit http://www.frostburg.edu/clife/mscenter/jobs.htm