Description: The Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery & Aquarium seeks individuals who are enthusiastic about environmental education to work with us this summer. Students range from pre-K through adult, with the majority being in early education through middle school. Primary responsibilities will be to assist our instructors during summer camp programs. Additional responsibilities may include guided tours of the Hatchery & Aquarium, hands-on outdoor programs, mommy and me classes and birthday parties. Programs focus on freshwater aquatic ecosystems and will mostly be onsite, but may also include outreach.
Hours: Full day and half day sessions available. Summer camps run from early July through late August. Preparation for camps may begin in June.
- Background in biology, environmental science or education.
- Interest in education.
- Must be enthusiastic and enjoy working with children.
- Must have flexible hours.
- Must be comfortable handling fish, turtles and amphibians.
- Volunteer hours may be used for college credit or to fulfill observation hours. Check with your advisor for approval.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Krissy Forman, Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. The positions will remain open until filled.