Description: The Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery & Aquarium seeks an individual who is enthusiastic about environmental education to work with us on a per diem basis. Students range from pre-K through adult, with the majority being in early education. Programs focus on freshwater aquatic ecosystems and include guided tours of the Hatchery & Aquarium, hands-on outdoor programs, summer camps and birthday parties. Programs will mostly be onsite, but may also include outreach.
Hours: Hours are based on an as needed basis and can be limited during certain seasons. Programs typically run from 10am to 5pm on weekdays and weekends with possible evening and holiday hours.
- Background in biology, environmental science or education.
- Interest in early education.
- Must be enthusiastic and enjoy working with children.
- Must have flexible hours.
- Must be comfortable handling fish, turtles and amphibians.
- Per diem educators will be paid $20/hour and receive 5 hours of paid training.
- Hours may be used to fulfill observation hours (paid or unpaid). Check with your advisor for approval.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Krissy Forman, Education Coordinator, at email@example.com. No phone calls please. This position will remain open until filled.