- Design and perform a DNA library prep experiment to analyze the effects of insert size range on library yield and sequencing.
- Evaluate results of the above experiment and provide recommendations for optimal insert size range to maximize final library yield and sequencing data.
- Contribute to the interpretation of sequencing and bioinformatics QC metrics, troubleshooting, and support of process optimization.
- Pursuing a degree in Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, or related field.
- Knowledge of molecular biology equipment and related protocols (including DNA extraction, quantification, hybridization, PCR).
- Familiarity with standard NGS laboratory and bioinformatics workflow is a plus.
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented, and highly motivated.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential.
New York, New York, United States
16.00 – 22.00 USD
For more information or to apply, please visit: http://www.nygenome.org/careers/job-positions/