Position Description: This is an opportunity to learn about a large Linux environment focused on efficiently supporting large-scale genomic analysis. With over 3,000 CPU cores and 10PB of active storage, the Research Computing team seeks an individual with Linux experience to help automate systems to allow for easier growth and use. Some of the anticipated projects may include:
Automate creation of varying user accounts and compute environments;
Deploy environment modules to enable users to more easily use and query installed software;
Deploy tools to inform administrators and users of resource usage.
- Enrolled in a computer science or engineering degree;
- Familiarity with Linux administration in a network environment;
- Proficiency in Bash shell;
- Familiarity with one or more of the following is desired: Puppet, Bash scripting, Python, and high performance computing;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work with others in a team setting.
Job Location: New York, New York, United States
Position Type: Intern
Salary: 16.00 – 22.00 USD
For more information or to apply, please visit: http://www.nygenome.org/careers/job-positions/