WINTER-BREAK - DECEMBER 28, 2016 TO JANUARY 16, 2017
An opportunity to study abroad in the Caribbean and apply your classroom & textbook learning while immersed in an incredible marine ecosystem setting!
- Achieve a deep knowledge base of the structure & functioning of coral reef & coastal ecosystems of the Caribbean
- Gain valuable career skills in hands-on, marine-based ecosystem field research
- Earn 3 undergraduate transfer credits during winter break
- Open to students from all universities & majors
- Choose between a SCUBA/snorkel option or a Snorkel-only option
-- ALL-INCLUSIVE PROGRAM --
- $2,200 Beach tent camping option or
- $2,500 Beach bungalow room option
- + add $400 for SCUBA/snorkel option
Instruction is delivered with inquiry-based activities incorporating observation & data collection, small working groups, lecture, focused exploration & off-site trips. Students SCUBA & snorkel daily to study the coral reef ecosystem. An individual & original field research project & presentation culminates the class. Class size is limited to 20 students to ensure a positive learning experience.
For more information please visit http://www.ecofs.org/ecofs-courses/caribbean-course/caribbean-ecosystem-field-studies or contact Professor Steve Johnson at email@example.com