Our group is seeking an enthusiastic microbiologist to screen, amplify and purify bacteriophages from the environment with clinically sourced bacterial strains. The final purified phage products will have direct therapeutic applications.
Adaptive Phage Therapeutics (APT) is a startup founded by an award-winning and highly respected emeritus NIH scientist. APT’s technology has already been shown to be effective in animals and in humans. APT aims to rapidly expand its therapeutic relevance and expects to be treating large numbers of patients in the near future. As such, this is an opportunity for the right person to join the team of what will become a large and significant biotech company.
- Screen environmental samples for reactive bacteriophage, to isolate and purify single-plaqued phage
- Screen clinical bacterial strains against amplified libraries of purified phage
- Amplify and purify large amounts of reactive phage for therapeutic usage
- On-call availability to produce patient-ready phage products on demand
- Maintain procedural documentation to meet FDA guidelines, recommend improvements in the process
- The candidate should hold an MS and/or BS degree, plus a minimum of two years of experience in bacteriophage work. GMP laboratory production experience a plus.
- The candidate should be familiar with all relevant microbiological and bacteriophage techniques, including: screening of phage, harvesting of bacteriophage plaques, inoculating bacterial cultures, amplification of phage, purification of phage, titration of phage. BSL-2 laboratory experience a plus.
- The candidate should have flexible availability to produce amplified phage for critically-ill clients at desired times.
- The candidate should have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- The candidate should have outstanding references. Prior government or military experience a plus.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience; benefits are industry-standard.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to HR@aphage.com