Inspiring the Scientists of Tomorrow
As Amgen Scholars, students will have the opportunity to:
- Take part in important institution research projects, gain hands-on lab experience
- and contribute to the advancement of science;
- Interact with and receive guidance from faculty mentors, including some
- of the nation’s top academic scientists; and
- Participate in engaging scientific seminars, workshops and other networking events.
Financial support is a critical component of the Amgen Scholars Program. Please note that details vary by host institution. See each institution’s summer research program website for more information.
Amgen Scholars U.S. Program applicants must be:
- U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents;
- Undergraduate students enrolled in accredited four-year colleges or universities in the
- United States, Puerto Rico or other U.S. territories; and
- Sophomores (with four quarters or three semesters of college experience), juniors or
- non-graduating seniors (who are returning in the fall to continue undergraduate studies).
- a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or above
- an interest in pursuing a Ph.D. or M.D.-Ph.D.
Each U.S. host institution has its own application process, but the application deadline for all of the institutions is in early February, with the exception of the California Institute of Technology, for which the deadline is in mid-February.
For more information or to find a program, please visit: http://www.amgenscholars.com/us-program. Or contact the Amgen Scholars Global Program Office by calling +1 (617) 253-2620 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.