- Assist with online/social media communications, article writing to promote programs, and website development and maintenance.
- Support staff in curating and sending out monthly Forests for the Bay newsletter.
- Assist in preparation and attend outreach and volunteer events. Outreach may include tabling events, door-to-door canvasing, tree plantings, invasive plant pulling, and riparian forest buffer maintenance.
- Possess a strong work and environmental ethic, and a strong interest in outreach and education.
- Good writing abilities and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, and WordPress blogs.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Background in forestry, forest ecology, forest management, and/or wildlife management preferred
Work schedule and time commitment:
The office is open Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00 pm. Volunteer work hours may be flexible within this schedule in agreement with the supervisor. Some after-hours, weekend work, and day trips may be required. A minimum of 10 hours per week of volunteer service are expected for this position. The position agreement is for three to six months or until school requirements are satisfied. The commitment may extend depended on the needs of the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay and the performance of the volunteer.
The internship may start on a rolling basis beginning in May 2018 through August 2018. Start and end dates are flexible.
For more information or to apply please visit: https://www.allianceforthebay.org/2017/11/volunteer-position-description-chesapeake-forests-program-intern-va-office/