DCLS internships are project-oriented and are designed to be mutually beneficial to the intern and the laboratory. DCLS does not offer internships consisting solely of “shadowing” experiences. Projects will vary based upon DCLS initiatives. Successful candidates will be assigned to a project within one of the analytical or support sections at DCLS!
Internship Program Areas:
- Clinical Microbiology
- Emergency Preparedness (biological and/or chemical)
- Environmental Microbiology and/or Chemistry
- Food Microbiology/Food Safety
- Infectious Disease Pathogen Detection
- Molecular Subtyping
- Newborn Screening
- Quality Assurance/Auditing
- Applicants must be a Virginia resident, at least 18 years of age and either:
- Be enrolled as a rising Junior, Senior, or Master’s degree candidate in a science or public health-related program at a College or University.
- Have recently graduated from a science or public health-related Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program at a College or University OR a Virginia resident attending an out of state College or University.
- Applicants must submit a current resume or CV.
- Applicants must submit a transcript from each higher learning institute attended that is listed on the application (official or unofficial will be accepted).
- Applicants must submit a letter of reference from an academic professional with knowledge of the applicant’s coursework.
- Applicants must have maintained a cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA.
- No hand-written, late, or incomplete applications will be accepted.
- Applicants must be able to provide immunization records, as requested, if applicable to area of work.
- ALL selected candidates must successfully pass a criminal background check.
Application deadline: Friday, February 3rd 2017. To apply, please visit: