Day 1: Arrival
Arrive at George Airport and settle into accommodation.
Day 2: Orientation
Meet the research team and gain introduction to the various research projects that you will be contributing to from the scientists, postgraduates and field specialists of Oceans Research.
- Dr Enrico Gennari, Director of Research
- Sasha Dines, Head Field Specialist
- Justin McCarthy, Head of Operations
- Esther Jacobs Overbeeke, Public relations
- Ralph Watson, Postgraduate
- Valentina Scarponi, Postgraduate
Day 3-30: Research Interning
Join the Oceans Research team and contribute to the institutes research through actively aiding and conducting marine research programs under the guidance of field specialists, scientists and postgraduates.
- Population assessment and long-term trend of white sharks, humpback & bottlenose dolphins, Southern right & humpback whales and Cape fur seals
- Habitat use of white sharks and marine mammals
- Population structure, trophic and movement ecology of endemic benthic catsharks
- Predator-prey behavioural strategies of white sharks and Cape fur seals
- Shark stress physiology and behavioural studies
- Intertidal community assessment
Day 31 Program wrap-up
Internship program wraps up on the last weekday of the months, interns finish with a personal presentation afternoon before receiving their certificate of completion.
This program is for a fee.
For additional information or to apply, please visit: http://www.african-campus.com/product/oceans-research-great-white-shark-research-internship/